Friday, September 19, 2008

2SweetnSaxy has a great post on White Roses.

2SweetnSaxy over at Eyes Mind Heart has a wonderful post today. Beautiful photos of white roses, great quotes and poetry. There is also a fascinating and true story of some very brave people who called themselves The White Rose. Go check it out, you won’t be disappointed. It is eye-candy for the soul and an interesting read.

It reminded me of a song I used to love many years ago, one which I have forgotten but thanks to 2SweetnSaxy, I have now remembered. It is called The White Rose of Athens sung by Nana Mouskouri and is a love song.

You can listen to her beautiful voice here.

White Rose of Athens by Nana Mouskouri

So goodbye my love till then
Till the white rose blooms again
The summer days are ending in the valley
And soon the time will come when we must be apart
Now you must start your journey to the sailing
And leave me till another spring-time comes around
Till the white rose blooms again
You must leave me, leave me lonely
So goodbye my love till then
Till the white rose blooms again
Till the white rose blooms again
You must leave me, leave me lonely
So goodbye my love till then
Till the white rose blooms again
The cotton leaves are falling in the valley
And soon the winter snow will lie on the ground
But like the rose that comes back with the springtime
You will return to me when springtime comes around
Till the white rose blooms again
You must leave me,
leave me lonelySo goodbye my love till then
Till the white rose blooms again
Goodbye till then
Goodbye till then

2 comments:

  1. Of course I didn't mind that you did this. :-) I think it's great that something I did brought back a memory. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 2sweetnsaxy, you are a kind lady and very gracious.

    ReplyDelete