Sunday, August 3, 2008

Two Day Road Trip to the Eastern Shore of Maryland

The following photos were taken on a mini road trip to the Eastern Shore. We left first thing on Friday morning and returned Saturday night. We had never really explored this area and it isn't that far away. We saw several places we will enjoy going back to.

This is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel at the start of our journey.

A pretty church. I didn't make a note of where it was located.

We took a short ride on this ferry.


A few boats we took from the ferry.


I took this just because I liked the look of the grasses.

This is the closest I got to a wild pony! But it was a beautiful sculpture in Assateague.

Signs of them were all over the town of Assateague.

Going through town we noticed these small cars being driven around. They were like the toy ones you would buy for a small child, but they seated two adults. Later we found the rental place. They are about the size of a bumper car.

6 comments:

  1. What great fun! I think we need to do a little trip soon. It's not like we don't live right next to a big source of entertainment like Lake Ontario!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there you're talking, Lake Ontario must have an endless supply of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like an interesting trip with all your fantastic photos.

    Thanks for your visit and kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Imac, I enjoyed my visit to your blog immensely, and thank you for stopping by here with your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    This is the second blog where I've noticed the cars in Australia are the same as America these days. In the bottom photo you can see a difference, but the top ones are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's interesting Linda, this is the first time I have ever seen them, but they seem like a great idea considering the price of gas these days. I guess they are ideal for areas where there isn't a lot of traffic. The Smart Car seems to be catching on here too.

    ReplyDelete