Saturday, August 23, 2008

On the way back to the car.

The First Amendment, minus the lamppost.
Pennsylvania Avenue, looking towards The Capitol.

We purchased a few things from the Newseum. A trip anywhere is never complete without at least one visit to the gift shop. Here's Gregg sitting on the grass of the Mall with The Capitol in the background. He is holding a stuffed cloth ball - actually a globe of the world - for son Brad.

Gregg bought this bear for me. He has a very large family to join when we get back home. I named him George, in honor of George Washington.

George is turning out to be a real ham and enjoys posing for the camera. He especially asked for a photo with the Washington Monument in the background.

2 comments:

Eve said...

I've been so busy this week Denise!! SO HAVE YOU!!! All these posts are wonderful...I love George...I don't think I'll have to go visit DC..this documentary is so wonderful!

Denise said...

Thanks Eve and a big thank you from George :))))