Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nostalgia Time

I am still going through our old photos and putting them on the portable hard drive. I came across two lovely ones of Gregg's Mom, Bea. I first met Bea in a London hotel room in December of 1975, when she and my father-in-law and sister-in-law came over for our wedding. I had gone up to London to meet them and we were to travel back down to Devon the same day. Bea was gracious and welcoming to this little English girl who was very nervous about meeting her prospective in-laws. She put me at my ease immediately. I grew to love her very much and enjoyed all the chats we had, many of which were about her life as a young girl in Taunton, Massachusetts.

These photos were taken when Brad was two weeks' old in August of 1979. We were living in Los Alamitos, California.

8 comments:

Leena said...

Hello Denise,
I have done same thing now during two weeks and it is going so slowly, because all old days are coming to my mind and I find myself just sitting and thinking times and happenings long time ago.

Old photos tell so much.

I wish you happy moments with your reminiscences and pleasant Sunday!

Denise said...

Hi Leena, old photos bring back a lot of memories and become treasures as the years go by. I find myself going through them slowly as well, reflecting on each one. At this rate it will take a lifetime :)))) I wish you the same happy moments with your own memories, and also a very happy weekend and week ahead.

Reader Wil said...

Hi Denise! The older you grow the more you want to remember the past and photos are a great help. Your story is very moving! Thanks for all your visits.

Janet said...

It's always nice to reminisce, (I'm not sure if I've spelt that right).

Denise said...

Hello again ladies, so nice of you to leave more nice comments.

Eve said...

Wonderfully nostalgic Denise!

Zip n Tizzy said...

Those are great pictures. I love hearing good MIL stories. As the mother of two boys, my hope is that I will have DIL (should they get married) who feel the same way about me.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hi Denise - lovely that you found the photos of MIL Bea with your baby Brad. We have been going through our old photos lately, bringing back lots of memories and having a good laugh at some. Great pastime!

A x