Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Nationals Baseball Team

Friday evening Gregg and Brad went to a ballgame to see The Nationals play in Washington DC. They usually park the car at Vienna Metro Station and catch the train in, changing at L'enfant Plaza and then take the green line. Two stops to the the Navy Yard and it's a short walk to the Stadium.

All these photos were taken by Brad except the one of him here that his Dad took. You can just make out the top of The Capitol Building to the right of his head, behind the lampposts.
Gregg with the stadium behind him. He is still in his work clothes as he didn't have time to change before they had to leave for the game.
The National website can be found here.

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowds;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.
****
I love this song!




They put on a good show but sadly our team (The Nationals) lost by one run.

Gregg standing next to one of the Greats, Ted Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment