Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mosquitoes, am I giving you a bum rap?

Ode to the Mosquito
Right now I'm totally off mosquitoes and walks in the wood. I am starting to itch. I also have counted over 60 bites, 50 percent more than what Gregg got, and I do believe there are more because the crafty little blighters bit over their original bites. Believe me I counted them all, welt upon welt. Gregg told me it was because he moved faster than I did and again gave me an example of the Highland Fling which he said I should have copied. I started cracking up all over again, especially as he did this in the middle of the parking lot at CostCo's. He also said he didn't stop to take pictures of the pretty flowers like I did. The bites are mostly on the backs of my arms, and on one shoulder, which I apparently didn't hit hard enough with my hat. Yes, they even got me through my shirt. I even have one on the vein of my left wrist. But they must not like denim as none got through my jeans.

We went to CostCo's today and stopped off at their pharmacy department. I have enough anti-itch cream to last me for the rest of my lifetime!

p.s. I also bought new sunglasses today.

10 comments:

  1. Ha Ha!!! But I feel for you too Denise! What a learning curve!! Let us know how the itch cream works and I'm looking forward to seeing the new sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was and I have piled on the cream. It must have worked last night because I didn't wake up once. This morning I've doused myself again, itching a little but figured I need to give myself one more 'coat' before I head out for work. My arms look horrible! I'll get a photo of the sunglasses for you :)))) Yep, talk about a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was eaten to death this morning in the garden, I gave up as I hate being bitten. Hope you had a good day at work......

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was busy but it made the day go fast and I am glad to get home now. Putting my feet up and catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear.....mosquitoes bites are awful. Hope the cream helps. Not sure I could take the heat of those long suits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say I bought new sunglasses the other month, Ray Bans.....I think that's what they are called, I was told I am very trendy.............I only bought them as they were on clearance!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have used one of those mosquito net uniforms when I lived in Maine! I got over 100 bites while visiting there this summer. Mine were all on my legs and I got to bring them all home with me, not a souvenir I really wanted! I would have loved to see that highland fling done in the parking lot however!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, as I sit itching and scratching, finding more bites on my feet, I would have to say the cream is wearing off :((((

    Hi Gill, your sunglasses do sound very trendy. You will look quite the glamor girl I'm sure :))))

    Hi Kathie, ouch, a hundred bites? As far as the highland fling is concerned, I think Gregg has a new calling. I am going to buy him a pair of leiderhosen and send him down to Busch Gardens to join the dancers at Octoberfest. I think he is very expert at the slapping dance, the Austrian version of the Macarena!!!! :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    That hydrocortisone cream with aloe looks like it should be useful for bites. We do not have that combination in the UK. Hope your bites are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Cheshire Wife, thanks for popping in. I keep slathering the cream on and it seems to help but I think it's going to be another few days before they settle down. Thanks for good wishes.

    ReplyDelete