We woke up to cloudy skies and rainfall this morning. We knew this might happen but didn't want to forego our trip because of a little liquid sunshine. It is 8.36 a.m. and we have decided to head back home as the weather is socked in all up and down our travel route, with a promise of severe thunderstorms and heavy gusts of wind. We will be out of here in half an hour, a little later than we planned but we had a very good night's sleep after all the exercise we had yesterday. We're going to have to leave the wild ponies at Assateague until next time.