Monday, August 25, 2008

My early morning visitor.



I had a visitor on my front path. He was eating the seeds from the grasses that had become a bit straggly and overgrown. I am a little behind in my tidying up out front but I don't think this little sparrow minds somehow. He was too busy eating the seeds and I watched him for a while as he pecked at them, the tiny kernels falling on the ground.



I took my photos through the side window of our front door, undetected.


Ups! I think I have been spotted. Time for me to leave him to his meal and get ready for work.
Another Monday rolls around but thanks to my little friend here, I start it off with a smile.


I always give 100% at work:

13% Monday,
22% Tuesday,
26% Wednesday,
35% Thursday,
4% Friday.

~Author Unknown ~

9 comments:

Mary said...

What a cute little guy to brighten your morning! I laughed at the 100% thing. Will pass that on to my hubby....he'll appreciate it.

Denise said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! What a great start to the day!

cheshire wife said...

He looks like a nice little chap.

Today was a bank holiday in England so we didn't need to get up early. We had a lie in but it's back to normal tomorrow.

Denise said...

It certainly was, and a

Happy Bank Holiday to both of you ladies, and I hope you had a nice lie in.

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a nice pleasant start to the day.............great photo's as always......

Gill

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

We love to watch the birds in our garden - always fascinating. And what a bright start to a Monday.

A x

Eve said...

Sweet sparrow....Ha Ha very funny!!!

Janet said...

Cute photos, Denise. I like your 100% joke.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Ok, this is really too adorable... what a cute little poem!! An adorable little guy! I try photographing the birds but for some reason they ALWAYS know I'm there and fly away... lol...