Friday, August 8, 2008

Goodnight and Sweet Dreams

No, I won't be blogging through the night. Came home from work and fell asleep for most of the evening on the sofa. Now watching Letterman for a few minutes before I go to bed. When I woke up it was on in the background.

It was a good day with lots of people in the tea room. Met a dear lady in her 80s, from England, who came over here in 1946. She was a love and we chatted for a little while and I wish I had more time to talk to her. I seemed to spend all day cutting up sandwiches, so many afternoon teas people ordered today. We had extra help thank goodness. Michele came in. She's the young lady who is studying to become a teacher and is in the process of getting her post-graduate degree and I can just tell she is going to be a great teacher. She enjoys being with us. She is very sweet and loves to bake. Usually she brings in a large tin of the most delicious cookies for us to put on the teas and people just snap them up. There's a lot of satisfaction in making things that people truly enjoy.

That's about it from me for now. Sweet Dreams everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to visit your tea room! It sounds so inviting and lovely! I imagine that you are dead tired every night when you get home, and I think it is wonderful that you like chatting with the customers. That's what makes places like that special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I do love working there. It has its moments but then I am sure every place does. One of the many reasons that keeps me going back is the wonderful people I get to chat with when time allows, and they come from all over the globe which makes it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise I'm a little late on this on...I'm off to my reunion today so probably wont post...well, you never know!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eve, you have a great weekend too. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back on line.

    ReplyDelete