Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Favorite Flower Photos

Pink Japanese Snowball

I am having a nice quiet day, I don't have to work and I don't have a car right now as hubby has borrowed mine, our son has borrowed his and the circle is complete. I am happy to stay home for the day as I can catch up, and we're having company this weekend - there is a house to get in order before Gregg's Dad and wife arrive on Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing them as they are two people I consider my very dear friends. I also have some phone calls to return, messages on the answering machine to be answered. I have already called my sister - five o'clock my time, eleven o'clock hers. I woke up early and was pretty wide-eyed and bushy tailed. I can't say I feel that way right now as I didn't get to sleep until after midnight and even a cup of strong coffee hasn't helped. Anyhow, before I start my list of things to do, I thought I would share some of my favorite flower photos, taken at various places in our area, not in our garden unfortunately. One day maybe! In the meantime I am taking notes and photos.

These two photos above and below are Lacepcap Hydrangeas.

The next two photos are of Fragrant Snowbells.


Coneflower.
Goldsonne Lantana.
Anne Marie Lantana
Tiddly Winks Red Lantana

9 comments:

Eve said...

All beautiful pictures and flowers Denise! I got 2 Hydrangea this year (Pinky Winky)! I hope they grow well but only time will tell. They are rated Zone 3....Get that house in order!!

Denise said...

Hi Eve, and thanks for those always welcome comments. Well, I can see I have been caught out. Here I am again, though I did spend half an hour tidying things up. Back to the grind!!!!

cheshire wife said...

Lovely photos. Hope your own garden will soon look as good.

Denise said...

Thanks Cheshire Wife, I can live in hope :)))

Gill - That British Woman said...

Its funny I have never bought a hydrangea, but have been eyeing them up this year?

Gill

Linda said...

I have been eyeing them up too gill.

That particular one is my favourite. Thanks for showing the pink snowball, I didn't know about that.

Denise said...

Hi Gill and Linda, I love hydrangeas too but have never bought one. They seem to be in a lot of gardens in our neighborhood, well established ones that have grown very big. They look so pretty. I had never seen the Pink Japanese Snowball either Linda, until I saw them at these gardens we go to.

Mary said...

These are all wonderful, but I really love that pink Japanese Snowball....never seen one! Gorgeous color.

Denise said...

Hi Mary, that was my favorite also. I hadn't seen one before either. It certainly is a beautiful flower.