Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekend Quotes And A Good Talking To Myself!

Another goofy smile, another goofy photo. I'm putting this on here to remind myself that Brad and Lisa's wedding is now less than a year away, and I am looking forward to a new, thinner me by then. Wedding photos are in the future.

Weekends are harder to be good, week days are much easier, so why blow it all on the two days we enjoy the most after working so hard all week to 'be good'. So 'be good' Denise, don't go crazy, one day at a time, one step at a time and I have lost 'almost' 20 lbs so far. In another 20 it should begin to show - we can live in hope!

And to quote a couple of lines out from that great movie, "Gone With The Wind".

"Oh now Miss Scarlett, you come on and eat juss a little honey!"

"No, no, for tomorrow is another day!"

Okay, so it wasn't quite in that context, but I think you get the drift.

A few weekend quotes today, found while surfing. I'm sorry I didn't remember the website.

Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson

Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them. ~John Shirley

There aren't enough days in the weekend. ~Rod Schmidt

The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend. ~Chuck Palahniuk

The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Why wait for the weekend to have fun ~Loesje, loesje.org

Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday. ~Author Unknown

Your hair may be brushed, but your mind's untidy. You've had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation. You're sunk from a riot of relaxation. ~Ogden Nash

Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath. ~Lyndon B. Johnson

Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through. ~Anthony Burgess

Of all the days that's in the week I dearly love but one day, and that's the day that comes betwixt a Saturday and Monday.~Henry Carey

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week. ~Joseph Addison

Most people are in a factory from nine till five. Their job may be to turn out 263 little circles. At the end of the week they're three short and somebody has a go at them. On Saturday afternoons they deserve something to go and shout about. ~Rodney Marsh, 1969

Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend. ~Zenna Scha

There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends. ~Arnot Sheppard

Weekends don't pay as well as weekdays but at least there's football. ~S.A. Sachs

How pleasant is Saturday night,

When I've tried all the week to be good,

And not spoke a word that was bad,

And obliged everyone that I could.

~Nancy Sproat

I hate weekends because there is no stock market. ~Rene Rivkin

The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still. ~Jean Rhys

Always strive to excel, but only on weekends. ~Richard Rorty

Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn't for you. ~Ogden Nash

Living up to ideals is like doing everyday work with your Sunday clothes on. ~Ed Howe

5 comments:

Eve said...

Ok Denise...where have you been hiding!!! It's a working day...we're out in the garage cutting wood...but I want to say hi. I love to start at the beginning of a blog and see how it's started. I have not had much time to do this but after reading your first couple posts and breezing through some others, I have to say I feel like I found a friend!! I'm going to come back and spend some more time here soon. I love to write, so for you I'm going to think of a good weekend quote off the top of my head....
"Weekends are like an unwrapped gift...you never know what surprises will be inside!!"
Ha Ha I just made that up!!!
Now...pat yourself of the back for the 20lbs...and just say no to what ever is calling your name...I know what you are going through and I'll be back to give you a little pep talk!!
Your new friend,
Eve

Your blog is a delightful find!!!

Denise said...

Hi Eve,

So happy you stopped by and I'm going to need those pep talks so stop by any time - lol. Seriously, thanks for popping in and thank you for such lovely comments. I sure enjoy your blog and bookmarked it so that I can come in and visit every day. See you soon.

Your new friend in Northern Virginia.
Denise

p.s. I am going to visit yours again to make sure you get this message :)))))

Denise said...

Almost forgot to say, thanks for that extra weekend quote!

Cathy said...

Hello Denise
Congrats on the 20lb loss - I know how jolly hard it is and am still battling with the dreaded scales.

Work on breaking the loss down by dividing the total by the number of weeks left and it won't seem so great.

'Maybe I can manage x number of ounces this week' - remember the old saying, look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. You'll be surprised at how the ounces will soon add up to pounds.

I liked your quotes, particularly the Saturday night one lol

Take care
Cathy

Denise said...

Thanks for the good advice Cathy. I shall remember that. I even glad when I can lose a few ounces.
Happy you enjoyed the quotes. Hope you're feeling more like yourself now that you have had a few days to recover from your cold.