Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Old Coastguard Station, Virginia Beach.

The Old Coastguard Station is also along the boardwalk at 24th and Atlantic Avenue. It was built in 1903 and is now a museum and gift shop.






In the picture below and right behind the coastguard station is the section of the stern of a vessel shipwrecked off Cape Henry. It was uncovered in May 1983 following a bad storm and it is thought that perhaps it is the Francisco Bella Gamba which sailed from Genoa, Italy to Baltimore and wrecked off Cape Henry in 1876.

No comments: