Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nostalgic Moment

I am slowly trying to go through old photos to scan them and save to a portable hard drive, a task my son wants me to do but one I have been meaning to get to for a long time. As I scan each one I send them to him. I came across these old photos of the two of us. The photo above, we were living in Los Alamitos, California. It was taken in the late part of 1979. What I remember about that time apart from the obvious of being in awe of our son, was the garden with the basket swing in which Gregg and I rocked him, right next to the big old lemon tree. I had never seen lemons growing on a tree before and I found it amazing to be able to pick a lemon any time I wanted to.

The photo above here he is as a toddler. Gregg was trying to take a photo of us in front of the carousel in Washington DC. He was upset that the ride had ended and wanted to go back for more. I love this photo and it is in a frame in our bedroom which has a ceramic momma bird and a baby bird in a nest attached to the frame, with the little bird's mouth open waiting to be fed.

And here he is all grown up, a man. This photo was taken at Big Meadow along Skyline Drive, a place you have heard me mention before. Parenthood has been a wonderful ride and still is.
But how time flies....

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and for the nice comment. I have enjoyed your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are super photo's, thanks for stopping by..........and thanks for emailing me those Xmas things.......

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gill and you are very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was growing up, in Australia every house had a lemon tree. I hope to get another one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Linda, I wish I had one now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He still looks like he'd take a hug from mom from time to time!!!
    Thanks for sharing Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it great reliving those special moments? I've been trying to get all of our family photos on the computer little by little....at least the very best and favorite ones. It's a very time consuming task, but worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly is Mary, as you say, it takes a while but it is so worth it. Nothing more important than to get our family history documented is there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful English Girl alright, no doubt about it. Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eve and Roy,

    Yes Eve he still will take a hug from his old mom, dad too and thanks for the sweet comments Roy, like I said how times flies - lol.

    Have a great weekend, all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures of you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely to look back on old photos to jog the memory of wonderful parenting moments.

    ReplyDelete