Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day


Just wanted to wish our Canadian Friends A Happy Canada Day. I have loved visiting your country and been shown the most wonderful hospitality by strangers who have become friends. Your country is beautiful in so many ways.


O Canada!

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


(French)
O Canada! Terre de nos aïeux,
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux.
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix.
Ton histoire est une épopée,
Des plus brillants exploits.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée,
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.



They All Call It Canada

Side by Side and step by step
Our fathers were marching along
They were building a road to the future
With a spade and a smile and a song.
Out of the wildness and out of the sand
Grew the land that we live in today.
Though the job to be done has barely begun,
There is one thing I'm proud to say:
My country is my cathedral
The northern sky its dome
They all call it Canada
But I call it home
The mountains, the lakes and valleys
Are friends that I have known
They all call it Canada
But I call it home
From the Atlantic to the Pacific
From the pole to the U.S.A.
We're on united brotherhood
And united we will stay
The people across the border
And far across the foam
They all call it Canada
But I call it home

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Well Denise aren't you the patriotic one, thank you for the words, and an early Happy Fourth of July to you guys down there!!!!

Denise said...

Thanks Gill, and I hope you had a great day up there celebrating. Gregg and I are off down to spend the weekend with his Dad. We have a yearly backyard picnic to celebrate the Fourth, with family and friends I haven't had a chance to see in a while. Have a great weekend.