Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Four Barns and a House

I love to take photos of everything, but old barns and houses are right up there on the list. All taken on our weekend rides in the country.



There is a lovely blog with photos of old barns on one of its pages belonging to Julie Zickefoose, which you can find right here, along with a poem by Robert Frost called "Birches".

I have tried to find out more about this old house without success. The historical marker nearby reads: "Moore House - 1872. Land purchased by Charles Moore, 1860's. Given to son J.W.R. Moore and home built in 1872. Present owner W.B. Holtzman, great-great-great grandson of Charles Moore."

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Denise

Perhaps if your car broke down outside the front gate you could cultivate a friendship with Mr.Holtzman.
That way you might even get an invite into that fabulous looking house.lol

Hope you're not in the wars again

Take care
Cathy

Denise said...

What a great idea Cathy, I'll have to try that next time we drive by - lol.

The wars are calming down now thanks :))))

Denise

Ginnie said...

Hi Denise
thanks for visiting my blog.
These houses look lovely, I enjoy taking photos too especially old churches etc.

Mary said...

Those are great photos and some of the best looking barns I've seen in a long time! That house is wonderful! I always wanted to live in a huge old house like that!

Denise said...

Hi Ginny and Mary,

Thanks for dropping by. Ginny, I love taking pictures of churches and Mary, I would love an old house like that, but I would also like to be rich enough to restore it to its once past glory. I can't help but think how satisfying it would be to get the life back into it, just like the poem said.

Everyone have a great day.