Saturday, July 19, 2008

Flower Photos With A Little Poetry

I have taken these photos in various places at various times.
I identify them when I can but if you find something that is
incorrect, please let me know. I am by no means an expert.
~
I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers

~Claude Monet~

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

Robert Blake

Pink Japanese Snowball

The Flowers

All the names I know from nurse:
Gardener's garters, Shepherd's purse,
Bachelor's buttons, Lady's smock,
And the Lady Hollyhock.

Fairy places, fairy things,
Fairy woods where the wild bee wings,
Tiny trees for tiny dames
These must all be fairy names!

Tiny woods below whose boughs
Shady fairies weave a house;
Tiny tree-tops, rose or thyme,
Where the braver fairies climb!

Fair are grown-up people's trees,
But the fairest woods are these;
Where, if I were not so tall,
I should live for good and all.
~
Robert Louis Stevenson

Lacecap Hydrangea

Wisteria

Bluebells
Bluebell
Bluebell, softly gently sways
Through the long hot summer days
Lives where nothing else can grow
That’s why we all love her so.

Author Unknown

5 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Morning Denise,

Are any of those flowers growing in your garden? Bluebells always remind me of England in the spring? We used to walk in the woods as kids and pick them. For some reason they always remind me of weddings.........I have no idea why though?

Gill

Denise said...

I wish. I like to visit public gardens, take photos of their flowers and dream of a proper English garden that I can call my own one day :))))

Blueberries are the prettiest flower and if you figure out why they remind you of weddings let me know. Maybe a bride had them in their bouquet when you were a wee child?

Denise said...

Did I say BLUEBERRIES????? I meant of course BLUEBELLS!!!!
Must be the heat!

Eve said...

Thanks for these beautiful poems Denise! You know for someone who loves to write poetry...I have no poetry books!!! That's odd isnt it???

Bluebells...Bluebells...hahaha! It's a simple mistake to make when your dieting!!!!

Denise said...

You're very welcome Eve. Not odd at all, I have one or two poetry books but find a lot of these poems on line. I love to surf for them. I have only recently started enjoying them again and realize how much I enjoy poetry.