Sunday, July 27, 2008

Brookside Gardens, Wheaton, Maryland

On Saturday Gregg and I took a ride into Maryland, to Brookside Gardens. I also found a site where you can see more photos here. It is a deer management area and so there are tall iron gates which open automatically as you drive up to them. If you see deer the sign asks you to wait until they have moved on, but on every trip here we have never seen any deer to worry about escaping. We always seem to arrive in the middle of the day when they are probably tucked safely in the wooded area resting. There were lots of things to take photos of, and it was hot and humid and we walked all over so we should sleep well tonight.





7 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful place! Maybe dusk would be the best time to see the deer? Or early? I'm sure the gardens make up for for not seeing them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Mary,if we go there again we will do as you suggested. It's a beautiful place and there are so many things to take in. Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like such a serene and tranquil area... what a lovely area to visit and go for a walk but I imagine the heat must have been a little uncomfortable. The photographs are very nice.... you are very talented.
    Thank you for visiting my blog today, Denise... your blog is very well put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Denise! I wish my yard could look like this!! I love the water urn!! Thanks for taking us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michele and Eve, and thank you both for the sweet comments.

    I love coming to your blogs. It is you all who are the talented ones. I am just knew to this and learning as I go along. With great teachers like you two and Mary out there, it is a fun learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lovely place to take a walk - so much beautiful scenery to take in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shelmo, thanks for the nice comment and also for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete