Saturday, June 28, 2008

Various photos around town.

This is an all-year-round Christmas shop called The Golden Goose. Today I didn't go into any of the shops on the main street and for the first time I didn't go into The Golden Goose. I think I will wait until I know I can go in for a long time. It certainly wouldn't be fair to Gregg for me to desert him for an hour while I browse around, and to be perfectly honest I wasn't in the mood for shopping, not even window shopping today. It was more fun to walk up and down the street just looking and taking photos, something that Gregg and I can enjoy together.




Gregg is in the photo below on the right, walking up the street.

Who are they kidding?

Gregg and I have decided we really loved the look of these steps and are thinking of finding someone who will redo our front ones at home. They are badly in need of revamping and Gregg likes the curves a lot. We are thinking of not having corners on our new front steps.

More curves.




Maybe we could find a door knocker just like this one. Is he not magnificent?

And look at these windows? More curves. And the shop below sells Virginia Wines, as do many places now. We are getting a good reputation for making excellent wines in our State.



Gregg hanging onto an old gas lamppost. I think we're getting to the end of our walk.


1 comment:

Linda said...

LOL about the sign.