Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sex And The City

Okay, so here I am drinking my cup of coffee and thinking of the movie I watched with my friend's last night. I have never watched the series and what little I had seen of it, it just didn't grab me like many others. My friends told me that the movie had great reviews and so I picked Hazel up yesterday and we drove over to meet our friends at the theatre. They all enjoyed it and I enjoyed it too, but perhaps not quite as much as they did. Maybe you have to be invested in the characters more than I was, I am not sure. Maybe I ought to start out watching the first series. It was a great fashion movie and the clothes worn were very haute couture, and it had a happy ending. Who couldn't love a happy ending?

Afterwards we ended up at Damon's and had a Margarita with our meal. Margarita and I met each other when I first came to the States. I didn't like her very much that first time, but Gregg told me she wasn't a very good one. I made her acquaintance again many years later and never looked back. When someone suggested we treat ourselves to one last night, who was I to argue?
Meet Margarita.
******
Lime Juice and Coarse Salt
1-1/2 ozs. tequila
1 oz. lime juice
1 oz. Triple Sec
Crushed Ice
Lime Slice
******
Rub the rim of a Margarita glass with lime juice and dip it in the salt. Combine tequila, lime juice and Triple Sec and crushed ice in a shaker and mix well. Strain into the glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
******
Or better still go to Damon's and order their blended frozen Mararita. Yummo!

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have never watched the series on tv either, and was also told by many people that you would miss out on a lot of the subtle things going on in the movie, that only regular tv watchers would know. So your review was right on.

Can't comment about your drink as I don't drink alcohol!!!

Denise said...

My Sister doesn't drink alcohol either and neither did my Mum. I think I must take after my Dad in that area, as he used to enjoy his pint down at the pub with his friends :)))) I should add that I don't drink that often but enjoy a glass of wine every now and again, and that delicious Margarita on the rare occasion!