Friday, June 20, 2008

Ring.......Ring........

No such luck, the phone is silent and I have been doing housework. I did go out and have lunch with Gregg. We went to the Silver Diner and then to the World Market to check out that bacon-flavored chocolate Brad told me about. We found it but just couldn't bring ourselves to buy a bar. There is also another flavored with chili's. Didn't buy that either but it is a fun place to browse and we bought a few other things instead. There is never any order to our purchases and we randomly pick things out as we go along, as we don't go that often and never know what new goodies there are.

I bought a mortar and pestle. Never had one before but I have an idea brewing about a recipe I want to try. Every now and again I break down and buy English chocolate. It is what I grew up with and I prefer it to any other. I also bought another favorite, McVities Digestive Biscuits. I sometimes have a couple with my coffee in the morning. They now say coffee is good for you, along with dark chocolate. I am hoping milk chocolate will be in someone's research and the results will be favorable 20 years down the road. In the meantime I'm just going to have to do the research for them. Gregg liked the look of the Lindt orange-flavored chocolate, and also bought the Thai soup, along with the licquorice. Now, I can't stand licquorice so he eats it when I am on the other side of the room. His 'licquorice' is hard-boiled eggs. I have to wait until he's out of the house before I cook them. That's love for ya!

World Market sells all kinds of interesting things, not just food but furniture and every other kind of bric-a-brac you can imagine, a great place to look around.

2 comments:

  1. you do realize that you are full of self control...........as english chocolate doesn't last long enough in this house for me to even take a photo!!!!

    I had a dipped flake from the Scottish store in Niagara-On-The-Lake the other day. I had to eat it right away as it was a hot day and it may have melted overwise ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I'm afraid it didn't last long after I took that photo. Yes, there is the melt-down problem too :))))

    ReplyDelete