Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's hot!

After yesterday's bad weather it is extremely hot. I am thinking it would be nice to go for a moonlit dip to cool down - in my dreams maybe. There is no ocean nearby and no swimming pool in the back yard nor will there ever be, the community one is locked up tight and I can't see me hiking this body over the fence, not in this lifetime anyhow. What silly thoughts, it must be the heat. I think I will do the sensible thing and pour myself a nice large glass of cold water.

I didn't have to go into work because they haven't had any power since yesterday. I felt like I was playing hookie all day. When Gregg found out I was home he asked me out to lunch and I really did feel like I was playing hookie sitting in the restaurant. I expected the phone to go any minute to tell me to go in but the call never came. I hope they have gotten their power back by now.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

It's hot here too up in Southern Ontario, we would be close to 100 oF with the humidity.........I am hibernating indoors with the a/c on!!

Denise said...

Best to stay indoors when the heat is that bad. I don't do well in humidity, start to feel real whoozy. Being English perhaps you are the same way?