Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday and my Earth-Tone Lunch!


I have lost 5 lbs. - woohoo!!!! It's only five pounds but all I have to do to make myself feel better is go and look at the 5 lb. bag of flour in the pantry and that's pretty darned good.
~~~~~
This photo taking of food is for my own benefit really. Not very colorful from the artsy point of view and I probably could have done better from the calorie content as I am still working on that, but it was a nice lunch. I enjoyed a
chicken-salad sandwich made with one slice of wheat bread, a few sauteed mushrooms left over from our meal yesterday and a small banana, plus that glass of water. I am truly trying portion control and am putting everything on a small plate. One step at a time, one day at a time.
~~~~~
And talking about steps, walking is out right now as my ankle is still sore and I don't want to risk going over on it again on any long hikes. I miss our outings on the weekend, we both enjoy them so much. I said to Gregg let's go over to Meadowlark Gardens and he had to remind me that he didn't think we should do that until my ankle is back down to its normal size and I stop wincing each time I forget and turn my foot in a way that it doesn't want to go. Next weekend hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment