Friday, May 9, 2008

Meet Aggie


The week at work has been an interesting and busy one. I met a lady who was accompanied by her sister and seeing-eye dog Aggie. She was such an awesome lady and we have never had a dog in the restaurant before. I love dogs and all I wanted to do was get down on my knees, put my arms around Aggie's neck and hug the life out of her. She was a dear little thing. Her 'mom' graciously let me make a fuss of her and her tail wagged furiously. I didn't want to distract Aggie too much so kept my natural instincts in check. I know you are not supposed to pet a guide dog when they are working, but as her mom was sitting down and Aggie was lying next to her, I thought it might be okay. There was definitely a special bond between them and she told me how her husband calls Aggie the little red rocket, because she runs around the house like one when she is not working. I am sharing a picture of Aggie but not her mom, as I didn't think it would be the right thing to do to put this lady's identify on here. However, I don't think she would mind me showing you her pride and joy. I had taken a photo of another party who had forgotten their camera. I always keep one in my purse and send it to an occasional customer's e-mail. The lady overheard what I was doing and she asked me to take a picture of them so that she could send it to her husband and to Aggie's carer before she was sent off to guide school. I was happy to oblige. If you look closely you will see that her tail is a blur. She was one happy little dog.

No comments: