Monday, May 19, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian



Brad called this morning and asked if I would like to see the new Narnia movie. I enjoyed the last one so much I immediately said yes. I wish I could have watched the original again before this one, but I did not have the time. I was not dissapointed. I actually think I enjoyed it more, even though I thought the first was very good.

It was enthralling. The storyline kept you interested, the characters were exciting, the acting was excellent, the special effects were riveting and I loved the animal characters, the elf characters, the Centaurs and the Minotaurs, and the bad guy was very bad. I enjoyed the fact that the film had a few scenes in the Underground during World War II.

I am very interested in that era, having listened to many stories from my parents, family and friends when there were gatherings at our home. My Dad didn't really talk much about his experiences during the war until he met my father-in-law many years later. However, when I was a little girl I remember my Mother telling her experiences of sitting in the air-raid shelters during the bombing raids on Wolverhampton. Her job was to walk around the town at night to see if there was any light showing through the black-out curtains. If you knew my Mother you would know that she was a very shy person, and the thought of her walking up to some stranger's door to tell them to draw their curtains tight, presented a very different image to me. When the ack-ack started she would hurry to the shelter along with everyone else. On one such occasion seeing how scared she was as the bombs were dropping all around them, someone offered her a cigarette and said, "Here, smoke this, it will make you feel calmer." That's how my Mum started a life-long habit.

To go back to Chronicles, if you like that kind of fantastical style and even if you don't but can stretch your imagination long enough to think outside the box, I would highly recommend this movie. It was fun from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment