Friday, April 11, 2008

My sister Bev and me

This is my sister Bev who lives in Germany with husband whose work took them there years ago. My niece grew up in the German school system and is bilingual, lucky girl.

Bev and I chat a couple of times a week. We may not be close in distance but we are very close in every other way. My sister is my hero. The last time she visited with my niece the three of us went on a five-day road trip to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. It was a five-day laugh-fest. There were nights when our sides ached we laughed so hard. I can't wait for our next road trip and hopefully her husband Noel and my husband Gregg will be able to join us.

We grew up in the heart of England, known as The Midlands. The town is called Wednesbury, pronounced "Wensbury". Back in the middle ages it was called Wodensborough. This last bit of information is from what my Dad told me, a childhood memory, so hopefully it is correct. The photo above is me on a swing my Dad made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment