Saturday, April 12, 2008

Nanny Goodall and my sister Bev

This is my Dad's mother Lucy and is she is holding my sister Bev. There don't seem to be any earlier photos of her. I remember a very kind lady and I have very warm memories of her. She loved animals. For some reason I have this one memory of her feeding oats to a bucket of mussels. Don't ask me where that comes from but those I knew were for the cooking pot. She had a white dog called Tony who is in a lot of our old photos.


This is my Dad's father and Lucy's husband, Thomas Charles. One of the things I remember about him was that he had a work shed down at the bottom of the garden. I remember looking at him working with a hammer in his hands. He was a blacksmith at the Sunbeam Motor Factory in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England, and passed away when I was very young. I wish I had gotten to know him better but I do love this photograph of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment