This photo and my present header are from last year and were taken at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. When I went into my online folder a while back, I found that they had been animated with flashing lights, so I decided to pop in a couple of them for this post. The rest are photos taken around our neighborhood the other night.
The house in the photo below is a lot more subdued this year. I am guessing these are new owners and their house is very nicely decorated but previously it looked like Disneyland. We always wondered what the electric bill was like and did their neighbors have special shutters to hide from the glare. It was fun to bring family and friends by to see them. I did a post about it back in 2008 - link here - referring to it as the Griswold House, and always remember the scene in the movie where the powerplant had to boost the electricity to the city when Chevy Chase (Griswold) turned on his lights. The photos in that post don't do it justice and for that matter neither do these below, as the houses looked much prettier and I didn't quite get the lights right. For years the house I am talking about had an incredible glare that you could probably see from space - yes I kid - and animated moving pieces out front. It was a fun house to see for big kids and little kids, but now it is a normal house. I wish I could thank the people who put on the incredible light display for all the years of enjoyment they brought not only to us but to everyone we showed their house. At the same time I liked the way the new owners have decorated with the Christmas trees.
Now for Willy-nilly Friday Five with a little Christmas Spirit
1) Andre Bocelli, one of my favorite voices. This link takes you to his best songs for Christmas 2014. It has several Yuletide songs and lasts for over an hour. Great background melodies for playing when you are celebrating all that holiday cheer.
2) If you go to this link you will find a recipe that shows you how to make the most darling meringue Christmas Trees.
3) A lovely Christmas gif. I found online, and sorry but I can't remember where I got it now.
4) A quote: "Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas........perhaps.......means a little bit more." From How the Grinch stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss.
5) And now for something a little different but a site I wanted to share before it got forgotten in my many folders. Every now and again I share some fairy folk that I find. While surfing I found a wonderful blog where a lady makes them. If you are interested in seeing such things, you can find them here. Her workmanship is first class.